Sunday, April 22, 2012

iBoy by Kevin Brooks

So when I first read the back, I was thinking it would be about this dude who almost dies and then gets some robotic enhancements when his life is saved. This is NOT that story.

It is about a kid who gets an iPhone thrown at his head, and some fragments get stuck in his head and he becomes a kid with all the powers of an iPhone.

At first I found this extremely annoying because it was extremely unrealistic. However, as the story continued, I was able to forget this detail because the story was so good.

It takes place in basically the slums of London. There are gangs, drugs, all that jazz.

So what happens when a kid from a bad neighborhood ends up with super powers?

Of course he beats up all the guys who ruin life in downtown London.

So despite being completely unrealistic, I found this story great, a little PG-13 so readers beware.

It definitly thinks about the implications of having the power, and the corruption it brings.

This book also makes you think about, if something is done with good intentions, is it still good?

This is a great thought-provoking book.

I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment